2024 Ring Doorbell Program
Canton for All People and the United Way of Stark and Carroll Counties believes in making neighborhoods safer for everyone. From a community town hall we hosted in early 2022, neighborhood residents suggested a Ring Doorbell Initiative as a way of providing peace of mind to residents of the neighborhood. After talking with community members, law enforcement, and non-profit partners, we are beginning another round of our Free Ring Doorbell Program for residents of the Greater Shorb Neighborhood. To qualify for this program residents:
- must have a working wifi with high speed internet.
- must have a mobile device capable of downloading the Ring App available for Android, iOS, and Fire OS devices.
- must reside in the Greater Shorb Neighborhood (see map below)
- must not already have a Ring Doorbell device.
- must be able to meet the installer at the time of installation.
- must agree that the device will be used during the grant period and not resell the device.
- consider registering the device with the Canton Police Department’s private camera registration program, to assist with investigations of crimes near your residence. Registering your device is optional, and it does not give the police access to anyone’s camera system or footage. Such access for any crime investigation requires the owner’s direct consent.
- Canton for All People and the United Way will cover the cost of installing the devices on your home.
- You will be notified within two weeks of submission if you qualify for this program.
- Resident’s interested in receiving a Ring Doorbell must submit an application (it takes approximately 4 minutes to fill out) at the link below.
- Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria will be selected to receive a donated device on a first-come first served basis.